Now you are ready to engage with one of your personas. You should be ready to start creating a new custom audience! Your audience will meet specific criteria (technical environment, user status, behavior…) to be able to follow their evolution and engage them accurately.
Create a new audience
Start from scratch
To reach the audience creation page, click on the “create custom audience” CTA on the right top of the Audience Management Page. This button opens a new audience creation page.
Duplicate existing Audience
The three-dot in Custom Audience card allows quick access to audience creation page pre-filled with the information of the source audience.
1) Name your audience and select your app(s)
The first step is to choose the name of your audience and which apps are affected. The choice of applications will determine your starting population.
- In the audience name field, you need to type the name of the Audience he wants to create
- With the app picker, you choose the app(s) related to the Audience he wants to create
2) Choose your filters
The second step is to choose your filters from the Audience filter selection. It is located on the left side of the Audience creation frame. This area allows you to add filters to refine the composition of your custom audience.
In this block, you will find three categories of filters.
- “App Environment” groups together the filters that define the technical environment in which the application is used:
- Preferred Languages
- App Version
- OS Version
- Device Type
- Opt-in / Opt-out
- User logged in
- “Activity” groups together the filters that define the frequency of use of the application.
- Usage Frequency
- Last App Usage
- Install Date
- “Other” groups together the filters that define information from the tagging plan, campaign logs, and crashes.
The filters editing windows will have tabs allowing you to switch between the filter configuration for iOS and that for Android.
Here are the different filters concerned:
– App Version
– OS Version
3) Compose you audience
The third step will be to edit your filters to compose your new audience. You can do this in the central part of the audience creation page.
- This frame can have up to five filters.
- Each filtered can be removed thanks to the button at the top right of the filter
AND/OR separators: The filters are linked with logical operators “AND” & “OR”. These links can be set between filters:
- Audience filters are separated by “OR” or “AND” operators.
- It’s not possible to have “OR” and “AND” operators in the same audience.
Add a filter to your composition
The creation of the first filter is initiated after the selection of an item of the “Audience Filter” column
Once the item has been selected, the filter appears in the editor on the right, ready to be filled.
Depending on the filter chosen, available operators will vary. This topic is covered in the next chapter.
Validate your new audience
Finally, the Audience Creation Page has 2 CTAs on the bottom: “Create Audience” and “Cancel.”
- “Create Audience” will create new draft audience will be added in your audience’s list. A green bump shortly highlights the newly created audience.
- “Cancel” will close the audience editor and redirect the user to the previous page he was on.
- If this button is triggered, you should have a confirmation pop-up to ensure the user is aware its changes will be lost.