You can manage your audiences from the “Audience List” page. This page is always accessible from the side menu by clicking on the Audience icon.
Audience List Page
The “audience list” page is structured as follows:
- The app picker at the top right allows you to view all the audiences linked to an application.
- If you select “All live apps” (cross-platform view), you will then be able to view the audiences of your all your live apps.
- At the top left, a “New Custom Audience” button allows you to initiate the creation of a new Custom audience.
- Two audiences’ lists types are also shown:
- “Predefined audience” contains audiences present by default in each project.
- “Custom Audiences” contains audiences created by GROW users.
Predefined audiences are typical audiences for engagement measurement, they were defined by our Product team following a global study among Bryj customers. There will be five types of predefined audiences available:
- All Users: Represents every Trackable user identified on my app(s)
- New: Represents all trackable users whose first app launch was made less than 14 days ago
- Dormant: Represents all trackable users that have launched their application at least once during the last 14 days
- Engaged: Represents all trackable users that haven’t launched the application for more than 30 consecutive days
- One-time : Represents all Trackable users having launched their application only once over the last 12 months
– Predefined audience activation does not impact your consumption & quotas.
– It cannot be edited even if inactive.
– “All Users” is activated by default, this is the only audience which cannot be deactivated.
Custom audiences are useful if the predefined audience preset on your project are not enough to fulfil your business goals. This feature allows you to set your own criteria to define a subset of your user base to engage with.
– Active custom audiences impacts your consumption & quotas. You are not limited on the number of custom audience drafts you can define.
“See more audiences”
If one of your audience’s list has more items to shown that what can fit in the page, a dedicated page will be accessible to retrieve your full audiences list. It will allow you to look for a previously created audience very easily.
For example, “see all custom audiences” leads to a new page that will list all the custom audiences present on your project.
You will be redirected to a new page with the following structure:
In addition to a search bar, similar page elements from the previous view can be found here (app picker, audiences list, New custom audience CTA).
You will have two frames that embed all your audiences. “Active Audiences” and “Inactive Audiences”. Each frame has a paging system that allows you to move from one page to another.
- “Active audiences” frame can contain up to 10 Active audience cards
- “Inactive audiences” frame can contain up to 20 Inactive audience cards
The Active Audience frame displays a counter of active audiences created over the number of active audiences slots available. The Inactive audience frame displays the number of active audiences created only.
Audience management is a tool allowing you to create subsets of your user base. This is necessary to achieve your business goals as you will not engage each persona in the same manner to boost conversion.
You will need to master this tool to create those personas, you will find below some instructions on how to manage those audiences.
An active audience will be updated on a daily basis.
An activate button will be available in the inactive audiences (drafts, inactive predefined audiences). An audience becomes active 24 hours after its activation by the user. Past this delay, it is eligible to be used in a targeted campaign, and it will update its population and associated KPIs daily.
Your service level determines your maximum number of available active custom audiences. This availability is indicated next to “Active audiences”. Please contact your CSM if you need to upgrade this limit.
Audience deactivation can be done on an active audience whose usefulness is no longer required. Deactivating an audience allows you to free an active audience spot for another audience to activate!
However, there are irreversible impacts to deactivating an audience, it will:
- Stop all related ongoing campaigns
- Stop audience calculations, et reset former calculations making associated KPIs no longer be available.
Unlike activation which can take up to 24 hours, audience deactivation is immediate once confirmed.
You also have the option to delete an audience (active or inactive) if it is not needed anymore.
In addition to the deactivation-related impacts, a deleted audience will be completely removed from all audiences list.